Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
Our hospital is committed to providing the highest quality care and ensuring the safety of our patients, employees, providers, volunteers and visitors. We are continuing to monitor the evolving situation with the coronavirus (COVID-19) and are taking the necessary steps to ensure we are fully prepared to care for patients, in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and in partnership with our local and state health departments.
COVID-19 Online Risk Assessment
To help support the health of our community, we are providing access to an online COVID-19 risk assessment developed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). This tool does NOT provide a diagnosis, and it should NOT be used as a substitute for an assessment made by a healthcare provider.
- The Clinic Entrance is open to clinic appointments and Morrison's Drug Store the following hours:
- Monday through Friday: 7 am - 6 pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 10 am - 4 pm
- The Main Entrance is open the following hours:
- Monday through Friday: 6 am - 5 pm
- The Emergency Department Entrance is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Walk-in Clinic/Express Care office is open the following hours:
- Monday through Friday: 7 am - 6 pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 10 am - 4 pm.
- Women's Health is open from 9 am - 5 pm.
- The Gift Shop is closed until further notice.
- The Coffee Cart is closed until further notice.
At UP Health System - Bell, our top priority is safeguarding the health and wellbeing of our patients, providers, employees, and community. We continue to closely monitor the prevalence of coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community and follow state and federal guidance as we adapt our operations to safely care for and support our patients. We have eased our visitor policy as follows:
- Patients will be limited to one WELL visitor per day, including one companion for ambulatory appointments and one support person for obstetric patients.
- All visitors must be 18 years of age or older, will be screened upon entry and will be required to wear a mask while in the facility.
- Visitors who do not pass the screening at entry will be asked to reschedule their visit until they are symptom-free.
- Visitors are permitted between 10:00 am and 6:00 pm and must remain in the patient's room except for use of the restroom and vending machines.
- Visitors are NOT allowed for high-risk, isolation, immunocompromised, or respiratory patients who are under observation or test positive for COVID-19.
- We continue to screen everyone who enters our facilities for symptoms consistent with COVID-19, per CDC guidelines.
- Please utilize alternative methods of communication, including technology, with patients as much as possible.
Signage is being posted around the facility notifying visitors and the community of these new restrictions and guidelines.
Thank you for your continued understanding and cooperation as we work to maintain a safe environment for our patients and team.
We are continuing to perform a health screen for all visitors that are permitted to enter our facility. We must deny entry to those individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Symptoms of a respiratory infection such as fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, muscle or body aches, headache, the new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting;
- Contact in the last 14 days with someone with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19.
- Per the Michigan state mandate, we have universal masking at our facility. All individuals are required to wear a face covering.
- COVID-19 Testing FAQ
- Symptoms of COVID-19
- I have respiratory illness symptoms. What should I do?
- 10 Ways to Manage Respiratory Symptoms at Home
- Stop the Spread of Germs
- Patient Hygiene Reminder - It's OK to ask.
- Handwashing Reminders
Effective Monday, August 3, 2020: