Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
Our hospital is committed to providing the highest quality care and ensuring the safety of our patients, employees, providers, volunteers and visitors. We are continuing to monitor the evolving situation with the coronavirus (COVID-19) and are taking the necessary steps to ensure we are fully prepared to care for patients, in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and in partnership with our local and state health departments.
COVID-19 Online Risk Assessment
To help support the health of our community, we are providing access to an online COVID-19 risk assessment developed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). This tool does NOT provide a diagnosis, and it should NOT be used as a substitute for an assessment made by a healthcare provider.
- The Main Entrance is open the following hours:
- Monday through Friday: 6 am - 5 pm
- The Emergency Department Entrance is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- The Clinic Entrance is open to clinic appointments and Morrison's Drug Store the following hours:
- Monday through Friday: 7 am - 6 pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 10 am - 4 pm
The following visitor restrictions have been reimplemented at UPHS - Bell. Effective Thursday, January 7, 2021, we will be allowing one well visitor per stay for inpatients only. Visiting hours are from 10:00 am - 8:00 pm.
- A support person with the patient in the Family Birthing Center at any time, including one certified doula or midwife during labor;
- A parent, foster parent, or guardian of an individual under 21 years of age who is under the facility's care;
- A support person with the patient for end-of-life care at the discretion and approval of the Administrator on Call;
- A support person necessary for the provision of medical care, the support of activities of daily living, or the exercise of the power of attorney or court-appointed guardianship for an individual under the facility's care;
- Visitors accompanying outpatients scheduled for a procedure (operating room, endoscopy, etc.) may be present at drop off and pick up to hear discharge instructions. Visitors are asked to wait outside the facility during the patient's appointment/procedure.
- Visitors are NOT allowed for patients in isolation, including those who are under observation for suspected or test positive for COVID-19.
- All designated visitors with approval to enter the facility are required to wear an appropriate mask or face covering. If you are unable to wear an appropriate mask or face covering, you may be denied entry into the facility.
- Visitors are not allowed in the Emergency Department. Exceptions include - a parent/guardian of a minor when it is necessary to support the care of the patient, a single visitor will be allowed.
Thank you for your continued understanding and cooperation as we work to maintain a safe environment for our patients and team.
We are continuing to perform a health screen for all visitors that are permitted to enter our facility. We must deny entry to those individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Symptoms of a respiratory infection consistent with COVID-19 per CDC guidelines, such as fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath or sore throat
- Contact in the last 14 days with someone with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention | www.cdc.gov
- Michigan Department of Health & Human Services | www.michigan.gov
- CALL CENTER | 1.888.535.6136 (open 7 days a week, 8 am - 5 pm)
- Marquette County Health Department | www.co.marquette.mi.us
- Western Upper Peninsula Health Department | www.wupdhd.org
- CALL CENTER | 906.487.5545 (open Monday - Friday, 8 am - 4 pm)
- The state has set up a link on the Michigan.gov/coronavirus website for those wishing to help. To volunteer, click the link below