Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
Our hospital is committed to providing the highest quality care and ensuring the safety of our patients, employees, providers, volunteers and visitors. We are continuing to monitor the evolving situation with the coronavirus (COVID-19) and are taking the necessary steps to ensure we are fully prepared to care for patients, in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and in partnership with our local and state health departments.
COVID-19 Online Risk Assessment
To help support the health of our community, we are providing access to an online COVID-19 risk assessment developed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). This tool does NOT provide a diagnosis, and it should NOT be used as a substitute for an assessment made by a healthcare provider.
- The Main Entrance is open the following hours:
- Monday through Friday: 6 am - 5 pm
- The Emergency Department Entrance is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- The Clinic Entrance is open to clinic appointments and Morrison's Drug Store the following hours:
- Monday through Friday: 7 am - 6 pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 10 am - 4 pm
Certain visitor restrictions have been implemented at UPHS - Bell. Please visit this page for the current restrictions.
Visitors must have executive administration approval to visit patients who are under observation for suspected or test positive for COVID-19.
All other special visitation circumstances must have executive administration approval.
We are continuing to wear masks during all patient care out of an abundance of caution and to protect our patients and each other.
Thank you for your continued understanding and cooperation as we work to maintain a safe environment for our patients and team. We want to reassure our communities that it is safe to come to the hospital should you or your family need care.
We are continuing to perform a health screen for all visitors that are permitted to enter our facility. We must deny entry to those individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Symptoms of a respiratory infection consistent with COVID-19 per CDC guidelines, such as fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath or sore throat
- Contact in the last 14 days with someone with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19
To view our current hours and points of access into the facility, click here.
Please utilize alternative methods of communication, including technology, with patients as much as possible. Signage is being posted around the facility notifying visitors and the community of these new restrictions and guidelines.
- COVID Infusion Therapy Treatment Centers | https://covid.infusioncenter.org/
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention | www.cdc.gov
- Michigan Department of Health & Human Services | www.michigan.gov
- CALL CENTER | 1.888.535.6136 (open 7 days a week, 8 am - 5 pm)
- Marquette County Health Department | www.co.marquette.mi.us
- Western Upper Peninsula Health Department | www.wupdhd.org
- CALL CENTER | 906.487.5545 (open Monday - Friday, 8 am - 4 pm)
- The state has set up a link on the Michigan.gov/coronavirus website for those wishing to help. To volunteer, click the link below