Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
Our hospital is committed to providing the highest quality care and ensuring the safety of our patients, employees, providers, volunteers and visitors. We are continuing to monitor the evolving situation with the coronavirus (COVID-19) and are taking the necessary steps to ensure we are fully prepared to care for patients, in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and in partnership with our local and state health departments.
COVID-19 Online Risk Assessment
To help support the health of our community, we are providing access to an online COVID-19 risk assessment developed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). This tool does NOT provide a diagnosis, and it should NOT be used as a substitute for an assessment made by a healthcare provider.
- The Main Entrance is open the following hours:
- Monday through Friday: 6 am - 5 pm
- The Emergency Department Entrance is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- The Clinic Entrance is open to clinic appointments and Morrison's Drug Store the following hours:
- Monday through Friday: 7 am - 6 pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 10 am - 4 pm
The following visitor restrictions have been reimplemented at UPHS - Bell.
UPDATED VISITOR RESTRICTIONS
Effective Monday, May 24, 2021, we will be allowing limited visitation as follows:
- Visiting hours are from 11 am – 8 pm.
- One (1) well visitor for patients in the Emergency Department.
- One (1) well visitor for patients coming for a Procedural appointment (operating room, endoscopy, interventional radiology, etc.).
- Two (2) well visitors at a time for OB Patients.
- Two (2) well visitors at a time for inpatients.
- Two (2) well visitors for patients coming to an Outpatient appointment.
- Two (2) well visitors for pediatric patients.
- Children under 14 require executive administration approval to visit hospital patients.
All designated visitors with approval to enter the facility are required to wear an appropriate mask or face covering. If you are unable to wear an appropriate mask or face covering, you will be denied entry into the facility.
Visitors must have executive administration approval to visit patients who are under observation for suspected or test positive for COVID-19.
All other special visitation circumstances must have executive administration approval.
Masking Guidance | Updated May 14, 2021
The CDC's new masking guidance for fully vaccinated people does not apply to healthcare settings. We are continuing to wear masks during all patient care out of an abundance of caution and to protect our patients and each other.
Screening and Access
We continue to screen everyone who enters our facilities for symptoms consistent with COVID-19, per CDC guidelines.
To view our current hours and points of access into the facility, click here.
Please utilize alternative methods of communication, including technology, with patients as much as possible. Signage is being posted around the facility notifying visitors and the community of these new restrictions and guidelines.
Thank you for your continued understanding and cooperation as we work to maintain a safe environment for our patients and team. We want to reassure our communities that it is safe to come to the hospital should you or your family need care.
For up-to-date information, visit www.CDC.gov. You can also visit our website and view up-to-date COVID-19 information for UPHS – Bell at www.bellhospital.org/covid-19-information.
Thank you for your continued understanding and cooperation as we work to maintain a safe environment for our patients and team.
We are continuing to perform a health screen for all visitors that are permitted to enter our facility. We must deny entry to those individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Symptoms of a respiratory infection consistent with COVID-19 per CDC guidelines, such as fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath or sore throat
- Contact in the last 14 days with someone with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19
- COVID Infusion Therapy Treatment Centers | https://covid.infusioncenter.org/
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention | www.cdc.gov
- Michigan Department of Health & Human Services | www.michigan.gov
- CALL CENTER | 1.888.535.6136 (open 7 days a week, 8 am - 5 pm)
- Marquette County Health Department | www.co.marquette.mi.us
- Western Upper Peninsula Health Department | www.wupdhd.org
- CALL CENTER | 906.487.5545 (open Monday - Friday, 8 am - 4 pm)
- The state has set up a link on the Michigan.gov/coronavirus website for those wishing to help. To volunteer, click the link below