Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information
Our hospital is committed to providing the highest quality care and ensuring the safety of our patients, employees, providers, volunteers and visitors. We are continuing to monitor the evolving situation with the coronavirus (COVID-19) and are taking the necessary steps to ensure we are fully prepared to care for patients, in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and in partnership with our local and state health departments.
COVID-19 Online Risk Assessment
To help support the health of our community, we are providing access to an online COVID-19 risk assessment developed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). This tool does NOT provide a diagnosis, and it should NOT be used as a substitute for an assessment made by a healthcare provider.
- The Clinic Entrance is open to clinic appointments and Morrison's Drug Store the following hours:
- Monday through Friday: 8 am - 5 pm
- To access Morrison's Drug Store outside of these hours, please enter through the Emergency Department entrance.
- The Main Entrance is open the following hours:
- Monday through Friday: 8 am - 5 pm
- The Emergency Department Entrance is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Walk-in Clinic/Express Care office will be open Monday through Friday from 8 am - 5 pm.
- Women's Health is open from 9 am - 12 pm until further notice.
- The Gift Shop is closed until further notice.
- The Coffee Cart is closed until further notice.
- UPHS - Bell continues to see patients for their scheduled appointments. If you previously arranged to see your doctor, please attend as planned. Call your provider's office directly with any questions.
The following visitor restrictions have been implemented at UPHS - Portage per Governor Whitmer's Executive Order 2020-07 for the State of Michigan:
Until further notice, all health care facilities must prohibit any visitors entering their facility that:
- Are not necessary for the provision of medical care, the support of activities of daily living, or the exercise of power of attorney or court-appointed guardianship for an individual under the facility's care;
- Are not a parent, foster parent, or guardian of an individual who is 21 years of age or under who is under the facility's care;
- Are not visiting an individual under the facility's care that is in serious or critical condition or in hospice care;
- And are not visiting under exigent circumstances or for the purpose of performing official government functions.
UPHS - Bell continues to see patients for their scheduled appointments. If you previously arranged to see your doctor, please attend as planned. Call your provider's office directly with any questions.
Until further notice, all health care facilities must perform a health evaluation of all individuals that are not under the care of the facility each time the individual seeks to enter the facility and must deny entry to those individuals who do not meet the evaluation criteria. The evaluation criteria include:
- Symptoms of a respiratory infection such as fever, cough, shortness of breath or sore throat;
- And contact in the last 14 days with someone with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19.
Below are a number of resources to help educate you and your family on COVID-19. For more information on the virus, please contact the health department.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - www.cdc.gov
- Western Upper Peninsula Health Department – www.wupdhd.org
- Marquette County Health Department - www.co.marquette.mi.us
- Michigan Department of Health & Human Services - www.michigan.gov
- CALL CENTER: 1.888.535.6136 (7 days a week, 8 am - 5 pm)
- Michigan Health & Hospital Association – www.mha.org
- Executive Order 2020-07: https://www.michigan.gov/whitmer/0,9309,7-387-90499_90705-521697--,00.html
- Stay Home, Stay Safe Executive Order 2020-21: https://www.michigan.gov/whitmer/0,9309,7-387-90499_90705-522626--,00.html
- The State of Michigan has set up a volunteer page on its website for those wishing to help. To volunteer, click the link below:
- COVID-19 Testing FAQ
- Symptoms of COVID-19
- I have respiratory illness symptoms. What should I do?
- 10 Ways to Manage Respiratory Symptoms at Home
- Stop the Spread of Germs
- Patient Hygiene Reminder - It's OK to ask.
- Handwashing Reminders