Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
UP Health System - Bell Eases Visitor Restrictions
August 3, 2020
At UP Health System – Bell, our top priority is safeguarding the health and wellbeing of our patients, providers, employees, and community. We continue to closely monitor the prevalence of coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community and follow state and federal guidance as we adapt our operations to safely care for and support our patients. As we adhere to federal and state guidelines, we have updated our visitor restrictions effective immediately:
- Patients will be limited to one WELL visitor per day, including one companion for ambulatory appointments and one support person for obstetric patients.
- All visitors must be 18 years of age or older, will be screened upon entry and will be required to wear a mask while in the facility.
- Visitors who do not pass the screening at entry will be asked to reschedule their visit until they are symptom-free.
- Visitors are NOT allowed for patients in isolation including those who are under observation or test positive for COVID-19.
- Visitation hours are from 10 am – 6 pm daily.
- We continue to screen everyone who enters our facilities for symptoms consistent with COVID-19, per CDC guidelines.
- Please utilize alternative methods of communication, including technology, with patients as much as possible.
Signage is being posted around the facility notifying visitors and the community of these new restrictions and guidelines.
Thank you for your continued understanding and cooperation as we work to maintain a safe environment for our patients and team.