Bell Occupational Health
The mission of Bell Occupational Health is to work in partnership with area businesses, organized labor and government agencies to help develop a safe and healthy work environment for employees. Bell’s staff of highly trained and dedicated professionals provide a broad range of services in the areas of Occupational Medicine, Health and Wellness Education, Occupational Safety, and Injury Prevention. These services allow us to work with employers to design programs best suited to their specific needs and a manner that is both convenient and cost effective.
OUR SERVICES, Designed with your needs in mind:
Health Surveillance and Physical Examinations
- Pre-placement Physical Exams
- Annual or bi-annual follow up exams
- Department of Transportation (DOT) Physicals (National Registry)
- Hazardous Materials (HAZMAT) Physicals
- Firefighter Examinations
- OSHA Mandated Medical Surveillance
Specialized Exams and Evaluations
- Independent Medical Exams (I.M.E.)
- Return-to-work Evaluations
- Disability Evaluation
- Vocational Assessment
- Preplacement Functional Screening
Controlled Substance Testing
- 24/7 Post-accident Testing
- Drug screen collection with chain of custody
- Certified Laboratory Analysis (N.I.D.A.)
- Qualified Medical Review Officer (A.C.O.M.)
- Random and post-accident Drug Screening
- Breath Alcohol Testing (BAT)
- Hair Collection Drug Testing
Injured Worker Programs
- Injury treatment and tracking
- Workers’ Compensation Management Assistance
- Post-injury Health Evaluations
- Injury rehabilitation
- Functional Capacity Assessments
- Work-Hardening and Work-Conditioning
- Pre-placement screening and Injury Prevention
- Job Analysis
- Functional Job Descriptions
Safety and Health-related Training
Call to register for MSHA class 906-485-2267
- Mine Safety Training (Part 48)
- 24 hour New Miner Training (surface mining)
- 40 hour New Miner Training (underground mining)
- 8 hour Annual Refresher Training (surface & underground mining)
- First Aid
- American Heart and Red Cross
- CPR Certification
- American Heart and Red Cross
- Blood-born Pathogens/Infection Control
- Respiratory Hazards and Protection
Other Clinic Services
- Respirator Programs
- Audiometric (hearing) testing
- Vision Screening
- Immunizations & TB screening
- On-site Safety Consultations
- On-site Safety Training
- On-site Physician Visits
- Health Surveillance Testing
OUR PEOPLE; training and experience make the difference:
W.B. (Toby) Carlson, M.D.
Doctor Carlson is board certified in Occupational Medicine by the American College of Occupational & Environmental Medicine. His 20 years of experience in the field include work in a wide variety of industries. He is a Certified Medical Review Officer for Drug Testing programs, certified by the NRCME as a DOT examiner and also board certified in Internal Medicine.
Bonny Kipling, LPN, Arlene Fenton, MA
Our Clinic Staff, with a combined experience of over fifty years, have completed extensive specialized training in Occupational Health. They are certified under CAOHC for hearing Conservation and are certified in Urine Drug Screen Collection, Breath Alcohol Testing (BAT) and Hair-Clip Drug screening. They have also received training in Pulmonary Function Testing and Respirator Fit testing.
Deb McCoy, OTR
Deb’s 15 years of experience includes considerable work with injured workers and return to work situations. She is trained in the DSI Work Solutions program, which includes specific training in: Functional Capacity Assessment (FCA), Job Function Analysis/Functional Job Descriptions, Post-offer Job Function Testing, Job Function Matching and Early Return-to work.
Steve Roberts, Dale Alonko, Larry Gray, Tom Bianco, Ray LaMere,
These gentlemen combine for over 120 years of mining experience, with much of that being in the area of Safety and Safety Training. They are all certified by the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) as Mine Safety Trainers. Bell’s training has been described as unique, creative and highly interactive by numerous participants and is the training most often recommended for contractors by Cliffs Natural Resources and by the local MSHA office. Training can be provided at one of the Bell facilities or can be taken on-site and our trainers have travelled as far as Chicago, Minneapolis and sites in Pennsylvania.
Call 906-485-2267 to register for an upcoming class.
Learn what Bell has to offer, visit us on Facebook for news and updates on upcoming events.
The Bell Community Newsletter gives readers an update on what's happening with the hospital and surrounding area.
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST